Simple do-it-yourself home remedies for better health and healing
• Verifies the common sense of folk medicine with the latest medical research
• Reveals easy steps to boost immunity and address common ailments like allergies, sleep disorders, cardiovascular problems, sexual dysfunction, and excess weight
• Explains how to reduce your risk of cancer, heart attack, and Alzheimer’s
In You Are Your Own Best Medicine, Frédéric Saldmann, M.D., verifies the common sense of folk medicine with the latest medical research to reveal simple do-it-yourself remedies that activate the body’s natural healing powers and address common ailments like allergies, sleep disorders, cardiovascular problems, sexual dysfunction, and excess weight. You will learn:
• how washing your hands helps your mood,
• why hitting snooze on your alarm makes you tired,
• how pistachios are more effective than Viagra,
• simple acupressure tricks to relieve cramps, congestion, and other acute conditions,
• how dark chocolate helps you lose weight,
• which sleep position increases your risk of cancer,
• the role of gut flora and probiotics in alleviating asthma,
• how kissing boosts the immune system and helps wounds heal faster,
• the importance of replacing your pillow regularly,
• and much, much more . . .
Sharing startling study results, Dr. Saldmann explains how reducing your calorie intake by 30% each day can increase your life expectancy by 20% and how 30 minutes of exercise a day reduces your risk of cancer, Alzheimer’s, and cardiovascular disease by 40%! He discusses how to combat the harmful effects of electromagnetic fields, which are now implicated in insomnia as well as the onset of certain diseases. He explains how to overcome constipation and get a flat stomach in the process.
Giving full scientific backing to home remedies that were well known three generations ago, as well as providing his own tips and tricks from his years as a respected medical doctor in Paris, Dr. Saldmann shows how the body can produce its own medicines and, given the opportunity, prevent illness altogether.